Saturday, April 26, 2008

Faunsdale Biker Rally - Alabama's wildest biker event


It has been a weeks since the biggest biker rally in Alabama, and I am still chuckling about what I saw. Oh sure I have seen naked people before, but never on a bike, at midnight, riding around a big, dirt track. That was a real treat. The biggest surprise was the BYOB, and whatever you can put on the back of your bike(or in your RV, or the trailer pulling your bike). That's right, no rules about beverages, except they do NOT sell alcohol there. So it turned into a quick trip down the road to Demopolis.

This was the single largest rally I have ever been to, and would guestimate 1,500-3,000 campers-RVs, tents etc., plus another 5,000 possibly in/out folks. Hard to gauge the real traffic due to everyone moving around alot, as there was much to see. In addition to the main stage, for music, wet-t contests, etc. there were "community stages" set up out in the village, where the real debauchery took place. Stripper poles surrounded by RVs, nice light-shows, PA systems, and portable tiki-bars with singing automatons. The food was typical festival-type food, but enough to keep you alive.

If you wanted something different to eat, you could ride down the road less than a mile for the Annual Faunsdale Crawfish Festival, going on at the same time.

I would suggest making this a bi-annual trip, I had a blast.

Find out more about Faunsdale Bike Rally here


Faunsdale Biker Rally - Alabama Spring 2008

1 comments:

spaztech said...

The day anyone sees me naked on a motorcycle is the day I am robbed at gun point and made to strip naked.. and for some reason they leave my bike..