Monday, May 26, 2008

Install an air-horn on your bike


But why install an air horn? My bike already has a "horn"? For some reason, bike makers believe that the size of your horn should be proportionate to the size of the vehicle. Trains and semi-s have huge air-horns, and the smaller you go, the smaller the horn. Maybe scooters should have those old school thumb-triggered bells like the old bikes had?

Wrong!

The most vulnerable people on the road should have the biggest horn. I got tired of riding and not being heard when someone thought about doing something stupid, like sharing my lane with me.

The video DOES NOT do the horn justice, it sounds like a high-pitched train. Works at 70 MPH, and so far I have only used it inappropriately.

I will post the notes/pics if anyone is interested, but it comes with good instructions, and it is maybe an hour project, easy as cake, and I love my new toy!!

Also, a nice review of the horn is here

0 comments: